Sunday, May 31, 2009

Hello Sweetness.......

Most of you know that Chica was bred to Royal and confirmed pregnant....yeah!  Chica has produced some fabulous puppies and I've been so excited for her puppies with Royal...such a great combo!  About 2 weeks ago, I found out via x-ray that she only had 2 puppies.  SUCH a bummer, especially since I had to tell a few families that I wouldn't have puppies for them.  But I tried to remain thankful for the two rather than focus on what wasn't going to happen....  

Last Saturday night, Chica delivered her two puppies with a very easy and smooth delivery.  I was pleasantly surprised to see the first puppy, a dark red female, arrive.  I thought Royal would have given me a lighter color, so I was very happy for the red!  And then the 2nd one followed....a beautiful dark red boy.  One of each!  Unfortunately, much to my dismay, this sweet little puppy was not alive upon his arrival.  To say I was crushed is a total understatement.  He was beautiful and fully developed, but had obviously not been alive inside of her.  I'm not sure what happened, but it was a very sad time.  Again, I tried to remain thankful for what I did have, but sometimes that's much easier said than done.  Not only was it tough to loose such a sweet puppy, but I had to let down another family.  Ugh....not easy on my heart, that's for sure!  I'm thankful for the gracious families who took the news as best as they could, but I definitely needed a few days to get over the heartbreak.

It has now been a week since her delivery and I am remorseful over the loss of the little boy, but feel even more blessed and thankful for a strong, healthy beautiful girl.  Chica was meant to be a mommy...and she's very attentive to her little "sweet singleton."  I've decided to keep this little girl apart of the Faithful Doodle family and am beyond thrilled with the lovely family who is going to be the Guardian Home for her.  She's a sweet girl, going to a sweet family and she deserves a sweet name.  I'm anxious to see what they come up for her!