Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Lulu's Litter of Australian Multi-Gen Labradoodles! | Southern California Los Angeles Australian Labradoodle Breeder

I've been so busy taking care of & playin' with cute puppies that I'm falling behind in my fun news to share!  LULU had her BABIES!  :)  And if you've followed me on Facebook a little, you've probably heard me mention that this is a pretty special litter to me.  This is our very first litter of Multi-Gen Labradoodles, which is fun in itself, but what's so cool is that it is the direct result of many years of breeding our own lines.....from the ground up.  We started with a sweet, sweet Black Labrador Retriever, Daisy, who's sitting at my feet as I type this.  And she had a couple litters of F1 Labradoodles and we kept 2 pups...Lilly and Hope.  Those girls had puppies (F1B Labradoodles) and so we kept a few back for breeding (Lulu & Dakota out of Hope. Teddi and Lola out of Lilly. Can't wait for you to meet them! Stay tuned...).

Still with me?  Fast forward and now it's Lulu's turn for HER puppies to be born. SO.CRAZY.  So that means= Daisy--Hope--Lulu--these puppies. Which means my sweet, sweet black Lab Daisy who's laying at my feet is a GREAT Grandma.  !!  Eek.... love it.

Another crazy story about Lulu.  I went to pick her up from her Guardian Home several days before she was due to deliver.  I like the mama's to settle in at my house before they deliver (there's about a weeks window of when they can deliver & the pups be healthy).  While I was chatting with her Guardian family, she.went.into.LABOR.  Labor!  Right there on their living room carpet.  My heart sank because it was too early for the puppies to be born and I dreaded the possible result.  Puppies not fully developed.....potentially not alive. Ugh. Not good.  :(  I rushed Lulu to my house, thankfully just down the street, and like a pro, this first time mama popped those babies out in record time.  All alive.  All beautiful.  All healthy, from outward appearances anyway.  Two were very itty bitty, but considering all the above, I was so VERY thankful for the happy ending.  6 puppies total. 4 boys. 2 girls.  Amazing.  Thank you Lord!

Those pups just turned 2 weeks old and are still beautiful and sweet a pie.  One of the itty bitty's has struggled and isn't able to nurse on his own, so we are bottle feeding him every 2-3 hours and he's a TOTAL fighter. Like a small but mighty fighter.  He's still very tiny, even compared to his itty bitty sister (he's less than a pound as of today), and the other 4 look like giants compared to him.  But he wants to eat, has a great appetite and is very strong.  We are watching him very closely as we don't think he's totally out of the clear yet....but the fact that there is even hope and he's still around after this crazy journey is great.

Since I've been behind in getting pictures posted, I'm posting a lot.  The first 2 are taken the day after they were born.  Then there's a few of them where Great-Grandma Daisy was babysitting them.  After that are pictures I took tonight of them at 2 weeks old.  It was 5pm, too dark for pictures, but I took them anyway and they aren't the best in terms of clarity.  The pups are so cute that I don't think Lulu's puppy families will care.  :)  And there are way more pictures of the boys because the girls just weren't interested in having their picture taken.

Whew.....  I'm done.  Enjoy!






The Boys


Itty Bitty Black boy is on top of the puppy pile


The Girls